Click on a job to view the full job specification
Sample Department Assistant - London
ROMO, a leading privately-owned textile and wallcovering design house, is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Sample Department Assistant to permanently join our flagship showroom based at the Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, London on a part-time basis covering two to three days per week.
Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. There are currently 6 design houses operating within The Romo Group, each with its own unique style. For more details about the company and our brands please visit: www.romo.com
The Sample Department Assistant will play a key role in ensuring the showroom runs smoothly and efficiently. Whilst maintaining high standards of organisation, you will be expected to support with the day to day running of the sample department. The successful candidate should be friendly, proactive and helpful preferably with previous experience in a similar role within the interiors industry.
Preparing sample packs for customers
Ensuring the sample library is kept up to date on a daily basis
Dealing with customer enquiries and sample orders efficiently and promptly
Supporting and assisting colleagues, helping clients where necessary
Support with the day to day running of the Showroom, ensuring it is well presented at all times
Being knowledgeable and familiar with products, being able to offer an effective and accurate answer to customer questions
Skills and Experience:
Excellent communication skills, with outstanding English language, written and spoken
Active interest in interior design or textiles with a creative eye
Be highly organised and able to prioritise
Good attention for detail
A proactive team worker with a flexible attitude and the ability to use one’s initiative
A friendly and welcoming approach with outstanding customer service skills
IT competent with the ability to use Microsoft Office: Word & Excel
Previous experience in a similar role/ the interiors industry is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, will be well presented and enjoy working as a member of a busy, proactive team.
Salary dependant on experience
If you believe you have the relevant skills that match our role, please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please email these to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Showroom Manager.
Export Sales Administrator – Italian Linguist - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Permanent, Full Time, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Starting salary of £22,302.17 per annum increasing over a 2-year period depending on performance
Are you a skilled Italian linguist looking for a new challenge? Do you have a clear and methodical approach to work and enjoy using your communication skills to develop strong working relationships with people?
A unique opportunity is available for a competent administrator to join our busy and diverse Export department. With customers at the heart of our business your role will be to support our Italian speaking overseas agents, distributors and customers. You will work in collaboration with a team of expert linguists to ensure our customer journey runs smoothly by keeping them up to date through telephone and email conversations. Your linguist skills will be used to translate a mixture of PR & Marketing documents promoting our luxury fabrics, wallcoverings, trimmings and accessories which are distributed through our agents and distributors including the press.
To be successful in this role we are seeking qualified and fluent Italian speaking linguists who have either previously worked in a customer service role or have experience of working in a fast-paced environment working to tight deadlines. Whilst Italian is an essential requirement to the role, other languages would be desirable.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and would like to be considered for this role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these directly to email@example.com for the attention of the Export Office Manager.
Cushion & Curtain Maker - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Full time, Permanent, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Are you an experienced Sewing machinist with previous relevant experience of working with industrial sewing machines? Are you a creative & enthusiastic individual who has a flare for producing high quality soft furnishings?
We are looking for a Cushion & Curtain Maker to join our company; to create made to order cushions, curtains and other bespoke pieces. Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. For more details on the company, please visit: www.romo.com
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating high quality cushions, curtains and other bespoke pieces as required by the business
- Working in collaboration with the design studios to create cushions and curtains
- Working in collaboration with the creative marketing department to create soft furnishings to be used for marketing material and product launches
- Ensuring the exceptional quality of all orders before they are despatched to customers
- Ensuring complete orders are packaged to a high standard in the correct brand packaging
- Working in collaboration with the packing department to ensure all customer orders are despatched
To be successful in this role we are seeking candidates with proven relevant industrial sewing machinist experience, who have extensive experience in soft furnishings and upholstery fabrics, enjoy working as part of a team in a fast paced environment, and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate good time management skills with strong attention to detail. They should have a flexible and methodical approach to their work, with an innovative style to problem solving.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match our role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Patco Manager.
Black Edition Senior Textile Designer - Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Full time, Permanent, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
Salary dependent on experience
Part of The Romo Group, Black Edition, is a leading design house in the textiles and wallcoverings industry. Family run since 1902, The Romo Group now has six established brands, all with their own unique character and style, that specialise in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. Since launching in 2013, the Black Edition brand has continued to forge its own identify creating designs with a distinctive, edgy style and characteristic colour palette for the luxury interiors market. For more information on our brand please visit: www.blackedition.com
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Textile Designer with exceptional talent and creativity to join our dynamic and busy Black Edition design studio to work alongside a team of designers on a variety of tasks.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Creating original, unique designs for a variety of applications.
- Actively researching into design and colour trends.
- Interpreting trends appropriately for the brand.
- Working proactively with all members of design, buying and production teams, supporting and developing business relationships to ensure successful results at all levels of the product journey.
- Liaising with suppliers to provide feedback on trials and developments throughout the design and production process.
- Visiting suppliers to assist in overseeing fabric and wallcoverings production.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Textile Designer in a commercial setting.
- A high achieving degree in Textile Design or similar qualification.
- Be a dedicated, passionate and industrious designer with an aspirational taste level to meet the complexity of this role.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of the commercial fabric printing and production process including digital, rotary and flat bed.
- A strong knowledge and previous experience of CAD.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work closely with all members of the design team and with other relevant departments.
- Be flexible and practical with task management and with an ability to work under pressure and within time scales.
- Exceptional organisation skills.
- A sound understanding of Intellectual Property rights and all aspects of copyright related to design.
The successful candidate will help oversee and create exclusive designs that meet the ethos of the Black Edition brand and should display an affinity with and understanding of the brand. Working with the design team and working in collaboration with the Brand Director and other senior members, external suppliers, and internal departments to deliver quality fabrics and wallcoverings to be launched into the international market.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match this role please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in the role. In addition, to support your application, we would also require you to submit recent examples of your work. Please send these directly email@example.com